Young women's sports
Ms. Mitchell has worked with the BNI Athletics Office for several years. She is responsible for the immediate medical care of all athletes at home athletic events. Ms. Mitchell has a love of BNI and the family atmosphere that she has found here.
BNI State Champions and State Runners Up
Young men's sports
GREATER SOUTH SHORE CONFERENCE
With the dissolution of the Lake Athletic Conference Bishop Noll Institute will join eight other high schools as part of the Greater South Shore Conference.
The members of the GSS Conference are:
- Bishop Noll Institute-Warriors-Navy & Gold
- Calumet H.S.-Warriors-Red & White
- Whiting H.S.-Oilers-Green & White
- River Forest H.S.-Ingots-Cardinal & Gold
- Lake Station H.S.-Fighting Eagles-Red & Black
- Marquette Catholic H.S.-Blazers-Blue, White & Gold
- North Newton H.S.-Spartans-Navy Blue, Orange & White
- Wheeler H.S.-Bearcats-Green, White & Orange
- South Central (Football only)-Ingots-Red & Gold
Those involved with Bishop Noll Institute athletics - players, coaches, parents, administrators, alumni, and boosters - must understand that winning is important and all must do what they can to produce victories. This, however, should not be understood as winning at all costs, or winning solely for the sake of winning.
Winning comes about from the cultivation of good living and training habits and the resultant victories validate and encourage the continued cultivation of these habits - a cyclic and self-reinforcing process. Athletics at Bishop Noll Institute are primarily an educational activity. Winning is positive reinforcement for that educational activity.
Bishop Noll Institute athletics are concerned with developing young competitors who work together with others and become qualified to the highest degree possible. Bishop Noll Institute athletes pursue a common goal of excellence and winning. The department's goals are consistent with the Mission Statement of this school and with the Gospel message.